So just last Monday was the first anniversary of my blog. I haven’t realized that until th notification from WordPress came congratulating me and when I saw that I started to think about how many awesome things happened within that one year of blogging so I decided to write what I learned about it and maybe that will help anyone who wants to start a blog of their own.
- When I started this blog I was afraid that a lot of people would mine my occasional mistakes since English isn’t my first language but no one seem to mind that in particular and a lot of people even said that my writing is just fine even not considering my circumstances which really made me more confident about my writing skills.
- People are generally very nice, supporting and not too judgemental. Interacting with other bloggers is one of my favourite things about having a blog on WordPress because this is a genuine community.
- Photos really do speak louder than words. Photography posts are maybe the most popular post I have on my blog and if you enjoy photography and have a camera you should definitely share some of your work with others. You will be surprised with the outcome.
- You don’t need to limit yourself when it comes to writing about just one things. You don’t need to say I am a fashion blog and just post about fashion, but you can if you want of course!
- The best way to approach blogging is to write what you are passionate about. Write about what you know and love or what bugs you.
- You can seek inspiration from other people’s posts but please say that you were inspired by them and link them to your post because other way you are stealing someone elses idea which is a great crime (at least to me).
- Your first post doesn’t have to be anything special. You don’t have to stress about it, just introduce yourself quickly if you don’t have anything else.
- Don’t worry if you didn’t get a huge feedback on your post. It is not about feedback it is about people who actually want to read what you are posting and it is about you expressing your own creativity.
- On the note of feedback, if you want other people to see what you are posting go and check other posts under the same tag that you had.
- Great way for getting into a little bit more serious blogging is participating in Daily Posts courses. I did blogging101, blogging201, writing101 and photography101 and loved it.
I guess that would be it for today. I hope you liked this post and that it helped you in some way.
SO GOOD BYE FOR NOW, MY FRIENDS (if anyone is even reading)